As well as hosting the Lingthusiasm podcast and running the Superlinguo blog, I have published in a range of print and digital media. I can be contacted for media comment here.
A list of some of my more recent media appearances is on the Lingthusiasm website.
In 2020 I co-wrote Crash Course Linguistics with Gretchen McCulloch for Complexly.
From 2013-2021 I wrote By Lingo, a regular column for The Big Issue (Australia), in which I look at the unusual stories of common words. You can read a couple of examples on The Big Issue blog.
Other select public writing credits:
- Capitalizing Directions. Elbow Grease. Gestures Grammar Girl (30/06/2017)
- 5 Languages of Nepal You Might Encounter Inside Himalayas (09/12/2016)
- Daisy Bates Dangerous Women Project (01/12/2016)
- When are you really finished with a PhD? The Thesis Whisperer (26/06/2013)
- Why words matter Ramp Up (ABC) (13/09/2011)